Workshop: The Abstract Path
I am very excited to be offering this very special workshop in my very own studio (Gerringong NSW). With only four participants, these four weeks will be a unique opportunity for you to really focus on your creative journey with plenty of support and inspiration in an art studio environment.
This four week course is about letting all your preconceived ideas go and be open to explore freely in the visual language of abstraction. We all have our own unique visual language, but sometimes our visual voice has been silenced by rules, preconceived ideas, fear and judgements. This is a chance to break through whatever holds you back and connect with your own unique expression. It will be fun, challenging and insightful.
Over four weeks we will explore different ways to approach abstract expression and open you up to your own visual voice. There will be meditation, journaling and creative exercises as well as prompts to keep exploring between each week with home exercises.
The focus will be on painting (acrylic), but we will also draw, play with ink and whatever else surfaces in the process.
This is suitable for beginners as well as more experienced artists that feel stuck and/or would like to open up to a more free way of expressing through abstraction.
Four weeks – Thursdays 10am-12.30pm. Starting Thursday 15th October 2020
- Four weeks of abstract exploration in a very small group of max 4 participants – in my studio!
- New in-class art exercises weekly, to inspire and develop your work.
- Weekly exercises to continue with at home between classes
- An art journal – for you to keep, use and record your findings, explorations and insights.
- Morning tea – with a great view.
- Loads of individual support, with only 4 participants there is amble time for individual conversations about your artistic practice.
Investment: $395 Only 4 participants max.
Please note: Basic materials are provided for the first class. You will need to bring your own canvas/boards/paper to work on and the (acrylic) paint (or ink etc) you prefer to work with throughout the weeks. We will discuss this further in the first class, or prior via email/phone.
Book Now: Email email@example.com or feel free to call 0410 200 120 if you have any questions. Your spot will be secured with full payment.
I’m looking forward to welcoming you on a fun journey of abstraction.